As the days grow darker and rain settles in, a little holiday cheer couldn’t be better timed! Grab your umbrella and brighten your spirits with these Seattle-area favorites—whether it’s meandering through a dazzling light show, watching the “snow” fall at Bellevue’s Snowflake Lane, or taking a holiday-themed cruise. Here’s the skinny on dates, times, food, and parking…
- Dates/Times: Nov. 25, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022. Seattle Center Luminata with winter light & music display at International Fountain daily at 6pm; ice sculpting Nov. 27, Dec. 4, 11, & 18; Winter train & village open daily Nov. 25 – Dec. 31 | 10 am – 6 pm.
- Cost: Free for all ages.
- Parking: Paid parking available at the Mercer Garage, 5th Ave N Garage, and Theatre Commons ADA Lot. Click here for the campus map.
- Food: A multitude of dining options await you in the Armory.
- Special Events: Opening Day Celebration, live stage entertainment at the Armory, the Winter Train & Village, New Year’s Eve Celebration, and more!
- Holiday Closure: Dec. 25
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022 | 4:30 – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $8 per person (ages 10 and under are free)
- Parking: Premium parking is $5 per car in the Garden’s lot as space allows OR park for free at Wilburton Hill Park
- Food: Hot drinks and snacks are available for purchase
- Holiday Closures: December 25
- Dates/Times: Nightly Nov. 25, 2022 – Dec. 24, 2022 | 20 minute show starts at 7 pm
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Free parking at Bellevue Square, Bellevue Place and Lincoln Square
- Food: A variety of dining options (from happy hour, to kid fare, to gourmet) are all within walking distance
- Special Events & Activities: Ice Skating, Santa Photos
Launch locations include Seattle Waterfront – Pier 55, Shilshole Bay Marina, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington, Lake Union Park (MOHAI), AGC Marina, Carillon Point Marina, and Kirkland City Dock.
click here to get tickets
- Dates/Times: Click here for the full schedule
- Cost: $40 – $72 per person (kids 3 and under are free)
- Parking: Varies by location – click here for details
- Food: Snacks and drinks available for purchase on the ship. Outside food/drinks are not allowed.
- Special Events: Opening Night, Parade of Boats, Grand Finale
- Tree Lighting Celebration: Nov. 25 from 3-6 pm in Westlake Park.
- Holiday Lights & Delights: Nov. 25, 2022 – Jan. 8, 2023 in Occidental Square.
- Saturday Family Fun: Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 17, 2022 in Westlake Park.
- Cookies, Cocoa & Carolers: Nov. 26, 2022 – Dec. 17, 2022 | 11-3 in Occidental Square.
- Festive Friday Concerts: Dec. 2, 9 & 16 | 4-6 pm in Westlake Park.
- Cost: Free for all ages
- Parking: Access the Republic Parking garage from Olive Way between 4th & 5th Ave, or check out this interactive map of city parking
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 25, 2022 – Jan. 2, 2023 | 4:30 – 10 pm
- Cost: $12-$16 (free for kids 2 & under)
- Promotions: Discounted tickets for zoo members & BECU members
- Parking: Free parking in zoo lots (carpooling recommended)
- Food: Dinner, drinks & snacks are available at the Plaza Cafe & outside stands
- Activities: Carousel, Kids’ Zone with meerkats & goats
- Holiday Closures: Dec. 24 & 25
- Dates/Times: Open nightly Nov. 11, 2022 – Jan. 22, 2023 | 4:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Cost: $25.95 – $34.95 per person (ages 2 & under are free).
- Promotions: Zoo members get 20% off tickets.
- Parking: $6 parking is available in all lots after 3:30 pm. Park by the West Entrance if you are purchasing your tickets in person—the South Gate (Hippo Lot) is only for those who already have tickets.
- Food: Refreshments are available at food kiosks throughout, plus the Pizza Corner at 1899 Grove, and Gather & Graze Café (with covered seating provided). You are also welcome to bring your own food & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Special Activities: Tianyu Cultural Performances in the PACCAR Auditorium, Magical Memories Marketplace, & up-close Ambassador Animals in Australasia. Sensory-Friendly Nights on 11/16, 12/13 & 1/12.
- Closures: Mondays (except for Dec. 19 & 26); Nov. 24, Dec. 24 & 25.
But wait, there’s more…
© Copyright 2022, Windermere Real Estate/Mercer Island.